Business News Kenya

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Making the best use of You Tube

Take your marketing a notch higher 

You Tube is the currently second biggest search engine owned by Google which is the first biggest search engine in the world. Pound for pound there is no comparison between the two but make no mistake You Tube remains as the most powerful tool for promoting your business, charity or non-profit organization as well as getting your message to the right people.

From personal experience, I understand how good You Tube is especially for practically researching on anything. On YouTube, there are good films out there that can help you get your head round so many things both big things and little things.

To quote a personal example recently, I wanted to update my blog on HTML. I took the first step with the little knowledge I had, went round and round trying to fix flash on the header in vain impossible.

After a several minutes of exhausting activity I was definitely getting nowhere and that’s when my colleagues suggested that I use Google it. I pooh-poohed the idea and got even hotter and more disturbed until when I eventually gave up and asked her to try Google on my behalf.

Within seconds she found a clip on You Tube which demonstrated how to get that flashing header on the blog using HTML. So the message here is, whenever in doubt try You Tube.

Well for the moment at least it is pretty easy with the right kind of tagging. Today I look forward to doing a short video on how to use social media as a marketing tool, an You Tube is my channel of transmission.

The result is that his film has rocketed up the pages and is now taking pride of place just below the paid for positions. It is not like SEO - a mystical process akin to shovelling fog into the back of a lorry, it does not take months to see the benefits. The progress only took minutes and it really is not that difficult. So if you want to get ahead of the game on You Tube while you still can - give me a call.

And going back to the pop-up, why were there no instructions for getting it back in the bag

No comments:

Post a Comment